Tao of Running - Long Distance - Holistic Preparation ™
Learn the "No Pain, All Gain" Approach to Long Distance Running & Bring Your Performance & Health to Another Level
Note: This program is for individuals who want to run a long distance race [e.g. ½ marathon, marathon, ultra-trail,...]. It is either a continuity of the Tao of Running 10 Week Transformation Program™ or meant to experienced runners who have not done the 10 Week program but want to embed the Tao of Running principles in their running practice to improve their joy, freedom, and /or performance while making sure they do it in a healthy way
How Tao of Running - Long distance Holistic Preparation ™
approach differs from traditional long distance preparation programs?
It is no secret that a lot of long distance runners battle with injuries, face difficulties in losing weight even if they exercise a lot, undergo over-training syndromes like persistent muscle soreness, chronic fatigue, loss of motivation, insomnia, irritability, regular illnesses, elevated resting heart rate. Also, some serious studies have concluded that competitive athletes have similar risks as sedentary people related to the increased risk of heart disease and death (*).
In a few words, fitness DOES NOT MEAN health. It is 2 different things that can lead to opposite behaviors if not considered with attention and in a holistic way to balance health, well-being and performance.
This holistic preparation program is designed to help you develop running fitness level without sacrificing but enhancing your long term health and well-being!
This program will be tailored specifically for you! It will take in consideration your personal and professional constraints, your specific fitness and health situation, your nutrition situation in regards to determining the right balance and meet your performance goals while enjoying the process, being intuitively connected to your body and make sure you don't deteriorate your health for the sake of short term performance.
Sources: (*) Published in New England Journal of Medicine in 2012), asthma (British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2012; 46(7): 471–476), depression (German Elite Athletes. 2013. J CLIN SPORT PSYC; 7(4):313-326
Stephane Thiltgen is a transformational “lifestyle coach” who helps people from all walks of life find their balance through his unique holistic approach interrelating exercise (particularly running), mindfulness/mind training, breathing science, nutrition, sleep science and other supporting habits: The Tao Lifestyle ™.
He coaches executives and business leaders in high pressure jobs deal with stress. By incorporating the principles of Tao Lifestyle ™, individuals reconnect to their whole person and gain better health, fitness, balance, productivity @ work and wellbeing. Tao Lifestyle™ emphasizes heavily on creating synergies between mind, body and soul which come together in a crucial way to help strike the ideal balance.
How is this holistic program tailored for you?
I believe that everybody can run long distances, enjoy it and reinforce his long term health and wellbeing with the right approach & guidance. Aren’t we Born To Run?
But, everyone has a different starting points & various expectations. Therefore, the approach to make it real requires a degree of customization (e.g. duration of preparation, frequency of training, intensity of training, focus more on body &/or mind training, or nutrition etc…) to be aligned with the current fitness level, state of health & the performance objectives.
The approach combines the important elements of a “traditional” long distance running preparation (e.g. 10km, Spartan race, 1/2 marathon, marathon, trail, ultra-trail) with Tao of Running -10 Week Transformation™ integrated approach for health & well-being.
Accordingly, an initial FREE OF CHANGE discussion is the best way to determine the most appropriate approach together and the pricing will be calculated accordingly.
The holistic training program can be:
- Adapted for people with different level of experience [beginner, intermediate, advanced].
- A continuity of the 10 Weeks Transformation Program or a start from scratch. In this case, the 10 Weeks Transformation Program is embedded in the program
- Customized for a group of friends who want to run the same race (discounts applicable depending on the number of people)
- A Private One on One coaching program
The main benefits of this approach are:
- To get you to your peak - relatively to your current fitness level - for the specific event you want to run.
- To bring you closer to the “Best Version Of Yourself” by feeling better:
- Physically [stronger, more energized, no injury]
- Mentally [sharper, more focused, more creative, more intuitive]
- Emotionally [more freedom, reduce stress, increase peace of mind, more balanced, happier]
- To enjoy the preparation process & the race day that will likely make you sustain the practice for the long term.
- Likewise, "effortless running", high performance and the flow become a “natural” outcome of practicing, integrating & mastering the techniques and developing holistic healthy habits.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle
LONG DISTANCE - HOLISTIC PREPARATION ™
Approach & what you get
Long distance - Holistic Preparation™ has a typical duration of 12 weeks to 24 weeks
[this is an indication. It might vary depending of your current situation, your specif health and performance goals, the type of race and personal needs].
Each follow-up session will typically be every 2 weeks either face to face or remote by video call.
The first session consists on an interview and a detailed questionnaire to:
- Understand better your current situation “holistically” related to your lifestyle and how everything interconnects
- Clarify and/or refine your specific health and performance goals
Based on that session, we can:
- Build the customized training manual, the customized structured training plan and its duration
- Determine together the optional need of 1 on 1 coaching sessions
During the preparation:
- Regular sharing of themes [e.g. nutrition, mind training tips & strategies to complement the training] customized based on the outcome of the initial interview and the needs determined on the way
- Reviews on Progress vs training plan [e.g Skype, WhatsApp, phone call] every 2 or 3 weeks and potential adaptation of the training plan if required
What you will get for your investment?
The customized program will typically include:
- Group or One on One coaching sessions (frequency, duration, intensity to be determined) – ToR 10 Week Transformation Program can be embedded inside the long distance event preparation
- A Customized Manual [beginner, intermediate, advanced level]
- A customized Preparation Program to guide training sessions & record personal experience (can go from 10 week duration to 24 week duration)
- Video montage(s) for running form analysis with improvement feedback at different stages of the preparation (frequency to be determined – valid only for participants in Kuala Lumpur).
- Regular reviews on progress vs training plan [e.g Skype, WhatsApp, Phone call]
- Access to the Weekly Run (organized different days – in morning/evening time): 45 minutes to one hour fun group run for all old and new participants (locations are in different green areas of Kuala Lumpur (e.g. Lake Garden, TTDI park, Titiwangsa park,… - valid only for people living in Kuala Lumpur )
What participants say
Digital lead, Motion - ABB
Business Development Director Malaysia - Airbus
Chief Transformation Officer - Energy Development Corporation
APAC Deputy Cost Control Director - Technip
Group CEO - Tune Protect Group
Head of Business Protection and Enablement- Swift
Senior Partner - Mckinsey & Company