Tao of Running -
10 Week Transformation™
Learn The Art of Effortless Running And Design Your Lifestyle
To Unleash Vibrant Health, Brain Peak Performance & Connect With Your Inner Happiness
Uncover How Old Wisdom And Vanguard Sciences Related To The Body, Heart, Breathing,
Brain/Mind, Nutrition, Sleep Can Interconnect To Help You Becoming A Fitter, Healthier, Sharper
And Happier You!
A NEW GROUP PROGAM STARTS ON JANUARY 16th!
This Fast-Paced But Sedentary Modern World Has Negatively Impacted Our Health, Performance & True Happiness...
We have become really busy and are constantly overwhelmed by responsibilities and 'unending to-do lists'. As the years go by, we can litterally feel our energy level as well as physical, mental, and emotional health draining away. This isn't normal and this isn't right. I designed Tao of Running to help people feel like humans at their best again, not just machines waiting to break down. You will know that program is for you if more than a handful of the following statements apply:
According to Daniel Lieberman
Chair of the Department of Human Evolutionary at
Harvard University and author of the book
"The Story of the Human Body"
Human beings went through 3 main “cultural revolutions” in the last 10,000 to 15,000 years – which represents less than a 1% of time of the history of human evolution - and our brain and body were not able to adapt and cope biologically with them:
These revolutions have completely changed the way human beings
move, think, eat, sleep, live in community, …
The human body and mind could not biologically cope with these cultural revolutions and it is one of the main root causes of chronic stress, modern diseases and unhappiness.
Chronic stress is the number 1 killer of our modern world. According to the American Psychological Association, chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, cirrhosis of the liver and suicide. And more than 75 percent of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints.
But, it does not need to be like this, human being is supposed to be fit, healthy, peaceful, focused and truly happy.
We can see some “living proofs” of this with the Tarahumara community. The Tarahumaras are a tribe of Indians hidden in Mexico, Copper Canyon. They have never been exposed to our modern world practices and they have an unchanged lifestyle for ages.
- They are not violent and they don’t fight. They never entered in any conflict with the conquistadors. They hid in the Copper Canyon where they still live today.
- They are running mega-marathons not marathons. The act of running is part of their daily life and they do it with a sense of freedom and joy a smile printed on their face.
- They are free from our modern diseases such as cancer, auto-immune diseases, cholesterol, clinical depression, etc...
Another “living proof” of human beings ability to be healthy and happy can be seen in the “blue zones”, some little regions spread in different part of the world where a significantly higher percentage of centenarians live compared to the rest of the world. They are in vibrant health, in perfect mental condition to enjoy life, they play an active role in their community, they still exercise in their old age, etc...
These 2 examples can testimony that it is possible to counteract the negative impacts of our modern world by incorporating positive routines and habits to address holistically the root causes of the issues and make them stick to your life to become a lifestyle. This is what this program is about! A simultaneous physical transformation of your body while rewiring your brain for a fitter, healthier body, a more balanced and peak performing brain and ultimately a truly happy soul!
Who Designed This Unique Tao Approach To Lifestyle
Stephane Thiltgen is a transformational “lifestyle coach” who helps people from all walks of life find their balance through his unique holistic approach interrelating exercise (particularly running), mindfulness/mind training, breathing science, nutrition, sleep science and other supporting habits: The Tao Lifestyle™.
He coaches executives and business leaders in high pressure jobs deal with stress. By incorporating the principles of Tao Lifestyle ™, individuals reconnect to their whole person and gain better health, fitness, balance, productivity @ work and wellbeing. Tao Lifestyle™ emphasizes heavily on creating synergies between mind, body and soul which come together in a crucial way to help strike the ideal balance.
Coming from the corporate world, Stephane has a deep understanding of the many challenges one faces in everyday life. Living a healthy and wholesome life can be challenging and Stephane is living proof of how one can alter their lifestyle to strike the balance. A certified Holistic Health Coach - trained in more than 100 nutrition theories, a certified NLP practitioner, a certified Lean Six Sigma black belt, passionate about long distance running and endurance mastery, neuroscience, nutrition, mindfulness, sleep science Stephane is able to understand the many challenges one faces.
His lifelong and continuous quest to be a better version of himself led him to famous thought leaders like Robin Sharma, Eckhart Tolle, Anthony Robbins, S.N. Goenka and many others. He channels his deep understanding of exercise, nutrition and meditation though his unique approach to everyday life. A popular speaker in Kuala Lumpur, Stephane is regularly called to address corporates and the staff at wellness centres. He works actively with corporates to help their staff unleash their fullest potential.
In his free time, Stephane loves running alone outdoor to connect with himself and the nature around. Although originally from Belgium, he has made Malaysia his home for well over one decade. A passionate healthy & simple food cook, Stephane loves researching and testing new recipes. For more information on his history, background and these detailed skills, see the section: Meet Stéphane
Stephane is regularly invited to speak for corporations, wellness organizations, professional associations about his holistic approach
Stephane won his first participation in an Ultra Trail following his effortless approach to running
Tao of Running -
10 Week Transformation™
A Fit Body, A Sharp Mind, A Happy Soul!
Design Your Lifestyle With The Tools And Strategies That Stephane Has Used to Guide
People With Stressful And Challenging Life To Effortlessly Transform Their Whole Person For
Vibrant Health, Enhanced Performance and Wellbeing.
What is this 10 week program about and what makes it unique…
Tao of Running 10 Week Transformation™ IS NOT a running/fitness program to become a better runner, nor a meditation program to learn how to practice mindfulness, neither a program to teach you good nutrition or sleep habits. IT IS ALL OF THAT AND MORE THAN THAT! It is a holistic Life Transforming Program to become healthier (while losing weight in the process…), fitter, mentally sharper and productive and ultimately more fulfilled!!!
Tao of Running ™ offers a unique step by step and systematized approach combining and interrelating:
Whether you’re a busy executive looking to increase your fitness, optimize your health, feel more energized, with a sharp and balanced mind, a multi-tasking mum looking for feeling in better control of her life while losing the few kilograms gained after last pregnancy and look great in your old wedding dress, or someone in more senior age looking to stay healthy with no/less medication, preserve a well-functioning brain, and live longer while feeling good, this 10 Week Unique Program is for you!
Everyone, with or without previous running experience, who want to be physically fit & healthy, mentally sharp & balanced, more connected with themselves & find joy in the process but… don’t have enough time to commit to multiple activities will benefit from this program.
Experience A Holistic Transformation In 4 Key Areas
How This Program Will Transform You
Optimize your body in a fat burning machine for healthy and sustained weight loss and upgraded energy
Create "space" to allow the dotes to connect in your brain for the creativity process to happen
Unleashed "sense of freedom" and mind - body connection
Increase balance, harmony, peace of mind and listen to the body intuitive messages
Boosted and stabilized
Counteract procrastination and boost your perseverance to give life to what matters to you
level & health
Feel and be younger than your age,
enjoy your body in movement
Reduced stress, anxiety,
Upgrade your brain for increased
resilience and happiness
Result of better stress management, regular exercise, better quality sleep and good nutrition
Learn a more natural way of running with less impact and better flow of energy
Reinforced immune system
Increase your resistance to illness
Built positive feelings &
emotions about running:
- Increase joy, peace & harmony
- Remove fears and beliefs of suffering often associated with running
Increased focus &
concentration at work
Improve productivity, enhance memory,
enable better decision making
Run faster with less energy
Here is how this program is structured:
Module 1 - Introduction of the Holistic Transformative Approach & Preparation
- Week 1
This module sets the tone for the program and help creating bonding between the different participants. At the end of this module you will:
- Know my story from a competitive & ego driven runner to an "effortless runner”
- Understand why our fast-paced society can be misleading for your health/well-being
- Understand why the Tao of Running is an appropriate vehicle to bring (back) balance, harmony, fitness, health, mental performance and well-being into your life
- Question and start removing limiting believes and myths about health and well-being
- Understand the Tao philosophy and the guiding principles of the approach
- Refine your goals & objectives in taking part in this program
- Understand the logistic & organizational details for the following modules
Module 2 - Body Training – Part 1
- Week 2 & 3
In week 2 and 3, you'll build the foundations to run in a more “natural way” and start collecting numerous underlying benefits (e.g. reduce injuries, improve running efficiency). You will also start to make running "stick" into your life
Module 2 is conducted on week 2. At the end of module 2 you will:
- Understand what to do for warm up, core run and cool down
- Know the typical root causes of running injuries and lack of enjoyment
- Know the foundations for a good posture/running form
- Have tips to start creating routines and habits to make running “stick” to your life
- Apply learnt techniques during the “on the run” coaching session
After module 2, the participants are invited to practice the learning to condition body and mind to the techniques. There are regular interactions with the coach to share your challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program. There is no formal module on week 3
Module 3 - Mind Training – Mindfulness
- Week 4 & 5
While you continue the practices you learnt in week 2 and 3, you’ll learn in week 4 and 5 how to increase attention & be more aware of the present moment & body sensations while running. Underlying benefits are better concentration, reduced stress & anxiety, better sleep, more joy in the process.
At the end of module 3 you will:
- Be able to define and demystify “mindfulness”
- Understand how to train your mind to be more mindful – inside/outside of a running context
- Apply learnt techniques during the “on the run” coaching session
After module 3, the participants are invited to practice the learning to condition body and mind to these new techniques. There are regular interactions with the coach to share your challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program. There is no formal module on week 5
Module 4 - Heart Training
- Week 6
In week 6 of the program, you’ll build on the knowledge of the 5 previous weeks and learn how to use heart rate monitoring strategies to practice running to rebalance your nervous system. This is a pre-requisite to enable different experiences for your body - mind system (e.g. the zone/ ”flow”, increase creativity, improve intuition)
At the end of module 4 you will:
- Understand the roles played by different nervous systems for your health & well-being
- Understand the links between the breathing function & heart function
- Understand how to practice running to lose weight in a healthy way and become a fat burning machine
- See the link between the “heart rate zones” and different types of running experiences
- Have calculated your personal “heart rate zones” and use a HR monitor to enable various running experiences
- Apply learnt techniques during the “on the run” coaching session
After module 4, the participants are invited to practice the learning to condition body and mind to these new techniques. There are regular interactions with the coach to share your challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program.
Module 5 - Nutrition Principles
- Week 7
In week 7, you'll create a bridge between how you exercise, as per the learning since the beginning of the program, and your eating’s behaviours. This learning is not so much focused on telling you what to eat /not to eat and giving you some meal plans. Everybody is different so the food choices as well. It is more about giving you nutrition principles to be able to choose your food appropriately and improve your ability to change bad eating habits. This will increase the positive impact already noticed since the beginning of the program on your weight, energy level, sleep, brain performance, mood, and overall well-being.
At the end of module 5 you will:
- Understand how to combine exercise and nutrition principles to lose weight in a healthy way and sustain it over time
- Understand more about the myths spread by the food, fitness and medical industries that keep you prisoners of your old bad habits
- Understand the differences between sugar burning metabolism and fat burning one
- Learn and apply a simple and powerful technique to break bad eating habits
After module 5, the participants are invited to practice the learning to condition body and mind to these new techniques. There are regular interactions with the coach to share your challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program.
Module 6 - Body Training – Part 2
- Week 8 & 9
In week 8 and 9, you'll learn new running techniques, mind training techniques and strength/mobility exercises to bring your running efficiency and enjoyment to another level and increasingly experience the "flow" while running: The Art of "effortless running" Module 6 is conducted on week 8.
At the end of module 6 you will:
- Know some new running techniques, mind training techniques and mobility/strength exercises to enable the energy to flow more smoothly in the body -mind system
- Understand how these principles can be applied in your running practice to become a "whole runner", when the body and mind are working as a single entity
- Have done a video for running form analysis
- Apply learnt techniques during the “on the run” coaching session
After module 6, the participants are invited to practice the learning to condition body and mind to the techniques. There are regular interactions with the coach to share your challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program. There is no formal module on week 9.
Module 7 - Mastering Your Own Journey
- Week 10
This last week of the program, you will review the resources you have to make sure you sustain the continuous improvement journey (“Kaizen” in Japanese) to ultimately reach mastery level with the additional underlying benefits. It becomes a lifestyle: The Tao Lifestyle™
- A fit body, a sharp mind, a happy soul!
At the end of this last module you will:
- Receive a video montage to provide you feedback on posture and running form and to summarize the remaining opportunities of improvement.
- Envision how your practice will evolve over time with your level of mastery
- Have reviewed the benefits of the program at this stage and the ones resulting from increasing your level of mastery of ToR practice
What Participants Say
Head of Comm. Latin America_ UNICEF
LEX Country Manager - Lazada Malaysia
Representative UNICEF Malaysia
CEO & Managing Partner - Star CRM Sdn Bhd
CFO Middle East - International SOS
Global Head, Information Security Risk Officers, Standard Chartered Bank
Click The Enroll Button Below Or Contact Me Directly For A Manual Registration
And Take Part In Tao of Running -
10 Week Transformation™ Now
So, What’s The Investment For A Program Like This?
Let me ask you what a life with 1) vibrant health - including drastic reduction in medical costs- 2) with the energy and the brain power to accomplish what truly counts to you and, all of this, 3) while being connected with your inner source of happiness is worth to you?
RM 10,000? RM 100,000? RM 1,000,000? Probably more... This program will enable you to design and sustain your lifestyle to make your life better than you could ever imagine.
As we have to put a money amount on it, so we will. If I estimate the value based on the time I spend to prepare and conduct the 7 training & coaching sessions, for the continuous support in between the modules, for the preparation of the video montage to assess the running techniques, to buy the material and prepare the logbook, coaching cards, I estimate this program at a value of RM 2,750 - without taking in consideration the lifetime access to the weekly run considered as a bonus.
This price is really under the value of the transformation benefits that you can testimony from the numerous past participants. I feel invested of a mission to pass this skills and knowledge that took me 25 years to build during my personal quest with all the ups and down to others. I take that mission very seriously, and that’s why it’s very important to me, that you take this course.
So, I’ll do whatever I can to make it happen!Instead of the tuition being RM2,750 considering a cost based approach in place of value to transform your life, I will reduce the tuition by RM1,500.
So, the investment to transform your health and wellbeing for a lifetime is only RM 1,250, a reduction of 55 % of the estimated cost based value as my gift to you.
Here Is What You Will Get for Your Investment When You Enroll
* Valid only for participants who live in Kuala Lumpur not for the students engaged in the remote version of the program.
Note: This 10 Week Transformation Program:
- Can be open for a group in a chosen location during week days
- Is available on a private (personalized -1 0n 1 ) version
- Can be conducted remote by video calling and in French (see Courir avec le Tao™ page for the details)
PRICE LIST AVAILABLE ON DEMAND! CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS!
Next 10 Week Group Program Will Start on Jan 16th
Training’s location: Damansara Heights Community Center, 3 Jalan Setia Budi, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Note: SOP for social distancing will be applied as per the update at that period
Here are the dates on which the group training will be conducted (all Saturdays morning)
Follow Steps To Enroll Into Program
Click on Enroll Now Button
Enter Your Details on Checkout Page and Make Payment
Payment Completed Thank You Page
PDF Form Submission After Payment
After Order Completion, You will receive a email having order completion receipt and Enrollment From PDF file.
Download and Fill the PDF Form received in email.
Courier Form to
Frequently Asked Questions
10 Week Transformation
Question 1: How are you different than other health and performance coaches out there?
According to the Tao and many others traditional wisdom and philosophies, everything is inter-connected. This is valid at a human being level as well. The way you exercise, the way you breathe, how you sleep, what and how you eat, the way you use your brain, and so on... everything is inter-related. One of the key strength of this approach is that it helps each participant to connect the dots to balance the different pillars and avoid/reduce "internal frictions".
Guiding participants on how to create these bridges to interrelate and align the different pillars reinforces the transformation effect is the main difference and key strength of this approach. Along the program, they incrementally find in their inner resources how to balance better their life to move the needles of fitness, health, brain performance and well-being in the right direction for their specific needs.
Question 2: Is this program open to beginners? I am a complete novice.
Yes, it is. The program is not focused on performance but on improving health/well-being through the practice of running first. Each participant will have a different level of fitness and experience related to running, meditation/mind training techniques, breathing techniques, nutrition and sleep sciences, and so on. The program focuses on providing tools and techniques to better listen to the body and connect body and mind to progress at the right pace based on the level of fitness of each participant.
By enjoying the practice, it motivates the practitioners to do more of it and the performance becomes a natural outcome of the regular practice.
Some participants have never run in their life and might start by mixing walking and running at the beginning. Other participants have already run [half-full] marathon(s) and want to enjoy more their runs, prevent injuries, be less tired, have more efficient running techniques. The challenge is more for me during the “on-the-run coaching” sessions as I have to manage the differences of fitness level between the participants to spend some time with everybody -:)
Question 3: Can you tell me more how the program works during the 10 weeks?
The Tao of Running Transformation program is a 10-week journey towards elevating your fitness, health, mental performance and overall well-being. During 10 weeks (can be adjusted for a 1 on 1 program), you will experience a fulfilling sense of incremental progress towards your specific goals.
During that period, you will:
- Take part in 7 training and coaching sessions (1.5 to 2.5 hours per session mixing theory and “on the run coaching”). In between the sessions, you will receive guidance on how to practice on your own (usually 3 times a week) to build the knowledge into your mind-body and transform it into skills.
- Have the key slides of the training material for the 7 modules in a PDF format.
- Have regular interactions with the ToR Coach to share your challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program.
- Have a set of coaching cards to support the personal practice and the 10 Week Transformation Program logbook to support the personal practice.
- Receive a video montage to provide feedback on posture and running form and summarize remaining opportunities of improvement at the end of the program.
- Be invited to the weekly group run in which all the old and new participants since the creation of the program in 2015 are invited to join (You will continue to be invited to this weekly run after the end of the program) .
By the end of the program, you will have initiated the transformation and will experience an increased fitness, health, sense of balance and well-being to motivate you continuing in this direction. It will become an entire new lifestyle!
Question 4: How can you say if this program will work for me?
Stephane has iteratively built this transformative approach over a more than 20 years’ personal quest to improve his own health and well-being (you can read his story for additional details). The strategies and tools are backed by science, and, Stephane has developed skills (most of them certified) in many areas of health, performance and wellbeing like running, NLP, mindfulness, nutrition science, science of endurance mastery, sleep science, science of breathing, science of happiness, neuroscience, change management... (you can see read about his credential in Stephane's profile).
Also, the numerous testimonials given during these last 4 years (you can read some in the praise section) can give you a good flavour of the effectiveness of this program.
Question 5: Does it include running sessions in group?
The introductory module (module 1) does not include running. Modules 2 to 7 include theory and the practical part of running (except for video conference programs) - in group for group programs and coaching in 1 on 1 for the private version. These sessions take place in Damansara Heights or Lake Gardens for the programs organized on Saturday morning. Weekly group run sessions are also organized on weekdays between modules (see question 3).
Each module generally has a duration of 2 to 2.5 hours. Each participant receives a logbook at the start of the program with specific advice on how to practice and integrate learning during personal practice between modules (advised to practice 3 times a week). In addition, coaching cards - digital version for video conference programs- are given at the end of each module to support / reinforce personal practice and there are regular WhatsApp interactions between modules for participants to ask questions and help them meet their specific challenges.
Question 6: What happens if I am not available for a particular module ? [Question for group programs]
There are several possible scenarios:
- Many people can't make that day, we simply reschedule to a date that fits all.
- We organize a 30 min Skype call (or other video conference tool) to go through the key slides of the theory with you and I spend more attention during the following group run of the following module or during the weekly run (if you can make it).
- If I happen to have another group having the same module at a close by date either in person or by skype, you can join that session.
- Last option, if the person wants it, we can organize a complete 1 on 1 session of the module at a convenient date (For this option an additional fee will be applied to the normal group program fee).
Note: In the future, I will have recorded videos, it's in the plan! :-)