Tao of Peak Performance ™ [for leaders]
Harness the power of your whole mind-body to unleash your physical mental, emotional and spiritual energy and become a "whole leader"
Leaders need a balanced, resilient and peak performing brain (a "whole brain") for problem solving, learning abilities, soft skills required for leadership and team work, flexibility/adaptability, decision making from various perspectives, creativity, intuition…
In our fast-paced highly demanding modern world, leaders are entangled between loneliness at the top, increasingly complex problems to address and high demand for attention from various internal and external stakeholders: Multi-tasking, difficulties to have family time, less face to face connections, out of touch with their biological rhythm, reduced sleeping hours are challenges often encountered by leaders and they can become depressed, anxious, burnt out, chronically stressed and unhappy. Tao of PeakPerformance™ holistic transformation program was specially designed to address that!
Tao of Peak Performance™ creates a bridge between old wisdom and vanguard sciences related to the body, heart, breathing, brain/mind, nutrition, sleep to help leaders develop and sustain habits and routines in their life to become fitter and healthier (“whole fitness”), sharper more resilient and more balanced (“whole mind”) and ultimately a happier and more fulfilled version of themselves! (“whole leader”)
In a recent McKinsey & Co white paper (*), they concluded from a study over 25 years with 7,800 CEOs that excellent CEOs need a certain mindset and adhere to 18 practices related to their responsibilities. After analysing with attention these 18 practices, we can say that excellence in more than half of these 18 practices are depending of a well- balanced and peak performing brain.
Another Accenture study with 200 C-suite executives and over 11,400 employees (**) concluded that leadership teams that develop “whole brain” skills outperform in average by 22% of revenue growth and 34 % of profitability growth as measured by EBITDA.
* “The Mindsets and practices of excellent CEOs”_McKinsey Quarterly October 2019
** “striking balance with Whole Brain Leadership” published in June 2019, Accenture Strategy
Tao of Peak Performance™ is particularly designed for people who are working under high pressure in an increasingly demanding environment but don't want to sacrifice their health and want to improve their resilience, happiness and performance.
Tao of Peak Performance™ participants want to be:.
- Physically fitter & healthier
- Mentally sharper & more balanced
- More connected with themselves, others and able to unleash their inner energy
Typically, the people who will benefit the most from this holistic program are:
- C level suite
- High profile project teams designated to challenging work (e.g. consultants).
Leaders and senior leaders of leading corporations have chosen the Tao approach to vibrant peak performance and fulfilment:
What is this Tao of Peak Performance™ program about and what makes it UNIQUE…
Health, happiness, work performance and fulfilment are all interconnected. Cultivating these different elements and finding some balance between them is key for a leader to bringing success into his personal life and into his organization and to sustaining it over time.
This scientific program combines and interrelates:
- Movements and exercise practices to generate vibrant energy and bring the brain in the right conditions for peak performance and fulfilment (e.g. movement and sport science, endurance mastery techniques)
- Mind training techniques and tools (e.g. science of performance, science of happiness, NLP, neuroscience, mindfulness) to rewire the brain for the better
- Nutrition principles to support mind-body transformation (note: I have learnt more than 100 theories during my holistic health coach certification to help individuals find what works for them and give them a “sense of direction”)
- Science of sleep and recovery principles to support the mind-body transformation
- Change management techniques and holistic coaching to bring the learning from intellectual understanding to habits and routines that stick and grow over time
How leaders benefit from this program:
A key outcome of this program is the ability to increasingly access the “flow” state (or “zone”) inside and outside of work life in a sustainable way.
The “flow” is scientifically proven to lead to mental peak performance and inner fulfilment. In the flow, the “whole person” is engaged physically, emotionally and mentally. It is an optimal state of consciousness that happens when body and mind become ONE in the present moment. It is a state where action and mindfulness co-exist, time slows down, and the inner voice chatter progressively fade away leading to the release in the brain of happy and performance hormones like serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin and others…
Here are the typical benefits that leaders can expect in taking part to Tao of Peak Performance™ program:
Calmer and clearer mind
For better decision making
as a result of enhanced
Boosted vibrant energy
Increased energy level
Increased mental resilience
And ability to see problems from different perspectives
and mind-body connection
Better ability to adapt
Deal better with uncertainty, let go
And related anxiety, worries,
mood disorders, better sleep
Increased sense of purpose
Increased positive mood
Reduced days of absence
Less frequently sick and
Ultimately, the “whole leader” transformation - balancing personal health and wellbeing with work performance - benefits the “whole business” transformation – balancing business performance with business health (*) - through higher engagement of teams, growth, higher employee retention, … resulting in increased ROI and business long term sustainability
TAO of PEAK PERFORMANCE ™
Approach & content of this program
Tao of Peak Performance™ holistic program is designed to guide leaders developing habits and routines to manage and nurture 4 domains of energies that interconnect and reinforce each other’s: physical energy, mental energy, emotional energy and spiritual energy. At the end of the program, leaders have built solid foundations for vibrant sustained peak performance. It becomes a lifestyle.
It comprehends 8 modules of a duration of 2 to 2.5 hours (a mix of theory, and practice) spread over a period of typically 10 weeks. The 8 modules are categorized in 4 pillars and one transformation engine as per bellow:
- A logbook and coaching cards are used as a support for the duration of the program to help journaling personal experience and track progress in different areas
- Additional resources (e.g. reading material, videos, apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program)are shared every few days to share additional resources to reinforce the motivation and check progress.
- Follow up sessions are conducted periodically after the program to make sure the transformation stick and the virtuous circle continue growing over time
What Leaders Say
VP & Head Axiata Analytics Malaysia
Director Asia Pacific Phosphea
Continental Malaysia - Managing Director
Head of Comm. Latin America_ UNICEF
Expert Associate Partner at McKinsey & Company
You can enrol to Tao of Peak Performance™ as an individual (e.g. if you are an entrepreneur or a leader of a small organization) or we can partner with your organization to customize Tao of Peak Performance™ to meet specific needs of selected leader(s)/ team(s) to perform @ their peak
Connect with us to share your needs and questions ! :
Or you can fill out the short form below:
1 - How are you different than other leadership development programs?
According to the Tao wisdom and many others ancient philosophies, everything is inter-connected and works like an ecosystem. This is valid at a human being level (“human ecosystem”) as it is at a business level (“organisation ecosystem”).
The way leaders move their body, the way they breathe, how they sleep, what and how they eat, the way they use their brain, and so on... everything is inter-related. One of the key strengths of this approach is that it helps each leader connecting the dots between the different pillars and bringing more balance to the “human ecosystem” to avoid/reduce "internal frictions". By bringing positive and sustainable changes at the leaders’ level, it leads to transformational changes at the “organisation ecosystem”
Guiding leaders on how to develop skills related to the different pillars and to create bridges to interrelate them reinforce the transformation effect for increased physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy leading to vibrant peak performance and fulfilment. That is the key difference and strength of this approach. We don't only focus on the brain/mind to improve the brain and leadership skills. Brain peak performance is the result of a deeper holistic transformation!
2 - How can I register for this program?
Even if the pillars of Tao of Peak Performance™ are standard, every leader is different and has different challenges, strengths and specific needs. To be able to customize the modules and the approach to meet your needs as an individual (e.g. entrepreneur) or the needs of some of your senior leaders or high-performance team – (if you are an organisation), the best way is to give a call, send an email or fill up the form to ask for information. Generally, a meeting will be the best way to understand the situation and be able to determine the investment of time, determine the timeline and refine the value proposition together.
3 - How does the program work?
Tao of Peak Performance™is a journey towards elevating leaders physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy. During 10-12 weeks (can be adjusted based on the needs and constraints of the organisation), leaders experience a fulfilling sense of incremental progress towards their vibrant peak performance and fulfilmentgoals.
During that period, leaders:
- Take part in 8 training and coaching sessions (2 to 2.5 hours per session mixing theory and practice). In between the sessions, they receive guidance on how to practice on their own the various techniques and routines to build the knowledge into their mind-body and transform it into skills.
- Receive the key slides of the training material for the 8 modules in a PDF format.
- Interact regularly with the transformation coach to share their challenges and progress and receive additional reading material, videos and apps for additional facts & details about the science behind the program.
- Receive a set of coaching cards to support their personal practice and the Transformation Program logbook to support their personal practice and track their progress.
- For those interested in running and/or walking, they are invited to a weekly group run to practice the body training pillar (they will continue to be invited to this weekly run after the end of the program).
- By the end of the program, they have initiated the transformation and will experience an increased fitness, health, sense of balance and well-being to motivate them continuing in this direction. It will become part of their new lifestyle!
4 - How can you say if this program will work for me or our leaders in my organization?
First, Stephane has iteratively built this transformative approach over a more than 20 years’ personal quest to improve his own health, well-being and performance (see his story in Meet Stephane section for additional details).
Second, Stephane was a management consultant for about 15 years. He has taken part and led business transformations for various industries, in many countries from SME to big corporations (His last role was lean 6 sigma expert for South East Asia in a leading consulting firm). He knows the type of challenges and lifestyle that business leaders face in their day to day.
Third, the strategies and tools taught in this program are backed by science, and, Stephane has developed skills (most of them certified) in many areas of health, performance and wellbeing like running, NLP, mindfulness, nutrition science, science of endurance mastery, sleep science, science of breathing, science of happiness, neuroscience, change management... (you can read about his credentials in Stephane's profile).
Last thing, the list of the leaders of numerous leading organizations (see Leaders profile section) and the testimonials given by leaders who have taken part in this program (see in the Praise section) bring evidences of the effectiveness of this program.